[cgiapp] Powered by logos - first samples

Mark Rajcok mrajcok at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 16:56:43 EDT 2009

Very nice.  Where do I send my contribution?

When I think of CGI::App though, I don't think of onions or leaves... I
think of... well, something fast, zippy, quick, easy-to-assemble.  CGI::Apps
run fast(er than Catalyst in non-mod-Perl environments), and it's easy/fast
to develop with.

I went over to istockphoto.com and typed in "speed", to get some ideas
(i.e., to see when people tag their photos with that word).

Race car?  Cheetah?  Tight swirls/curls/circles?  Something blurred (like it
is moving fast)?
Lines that make it look like you are moving (3-D tunnel or road or
something)?
A rocket blasting through a spider (WWW) web?  (I saw one picture of a
turtle with a rocket strapped to its back.)
Better, a hunk of Titanium blasting through a web.
Wait, the space shuttle... it's built with Titanium isn't it?
Poplar tree (they grow fast) -- hey, are those poplar leaves in those
samples?
Ok, I'm probably having too much fun now and not helping much anymore...

I don't like the over-used "different lighting on the top vs bottom" 3D
effect on some of the bottom samples.

On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 6:57 AM, Lyle <webmaster at cosmicperl.com> wrote:

> Feedback please:-
> http://www.cosmicsitedesign.com/cgi-app/poweredby/