[cgiapp] Profiling CA with Devel::NYTProf

fREW Schmidt frioux at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 11:12:39 EDT 2009

On Sat, Jul 4, 2009 at 3:42 AM, Gurunandan R. Bhat <
guru at informationmatters.in> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>    I am trying to profile a CGI::App application (vanilla CGI, no
> mod_perl) with Devel::NYTProf, by adding:
>
>    #!/usr/bin/perl -d:NYTProf
>
>    to the top of my .cgi script. When I run the application through my
> browser, I find that many of the functions called after I navigate
> through various links in the application are not recorded in the NYTProf
> report.
>
>    If any one has profiled CGI::App applications with NYTProf, I would
> like to know how best to do it so that it covers all methods in my
> application.

I haven't done this, but if I were to I'd try using
Test::WWW::Mechanize::CGIApp and calling each runmode.  Then insgtead of
running it in CGI or mod_perl or whatever you just run it on the console
with the -d switch.

--
fREW Schmidt
http://blog.afoolishmanifesto.com