[cgiapp] handling data and control flow better (longish)

David N. Blank-Edelman dnb at ccs.neu.edu
Tue Jun 9 10:43:57 EDT 2009

Sorry, two followups:

I realized I forgot to mention that I'd love to hear if other people
have run into the same "too much context to juggle" sort of concerns I
expressed. I'm also curious if Mark, author of the C::A::P::ValidateRM
module has any thoughts on the situation.

Also, if you want to talk a bit more pie-in-the-sky, I had discussion
with one of the Scheme folks here who has looked into issues like I
expressed as part of his research. He gave me a very convincing
argument for why using continuations (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuation
) is a better model for webapp programming because you can do a sort
of transactional-like rollback of both state and environment I mused
about before should validation fail. Sounds cool, but I don't think
I'll go back to programming in Scheme any time soon.

        -- dNb