[cgiapp] Redirect Question

Michael Peters mpeters at plusthree.com
Tue Jun 2 16:49:43 EDT 2009

Stephen Carville wrote:

> The login page POSTs to a new URL for authorization check.  Depending
> on the results, The authcheck routine then redirects to the splash
> page or an error page.  This keeps the history clean but seems to
> require I append the ?rm=runmode to the redirect URL.

You could just not do a redirect (which uses HTTP and makes the browser go fetch
another URL). You could instead just return the run mode you want. Something
like this:

     return $ok ? $self->splash : $self->error;

> Is there way to
> avoid this?  Maybe make the redirect to send the runmode as a POST
> instead of a GET?

No, the request that follows an HTTP redirect are always GETs and you can't
force the browser to do something else.

--
Michael Peters
Plus Three, LP