[cgiapp] Re: CGI::Application Google Code sites

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Thu May 7 11:25:28 EDT 2009

On Wed, 6 May 2009 15:55:20 -0400
Jesse Erlbaum <jesse at erlbaum.net> wrote:

> On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 3:48 PM, Jesse Erlbaum <jesse at erlbaum.net> wrote:
>
> > Irrational though it may be, I get a much better feeling about something
> > like Google Code (http://code.google.com) + Google Groups.
>

> This being said:
>
>      http://code.google.com/p/cgi-application/
>
> Just playing around.  Anyone want admin access to check this out, let me
> know.

We started using Google code in Sep '08 for CGI::Application::Dispatch:

http://lists.openlib.org/pipermail/cgiapp/2008q3/000682.html

It has nice UI and I agree it's a step-up from SourceForge, but has essentially
been like other plugin projects in terms of participation: 1 or two people
collaborating through a shared public repo.  I would also much prefer
distributed SCMs at this point-- darcs and git at this point.

To keep the conversation focused, I'm primarily concerned with evolving the mailnig list at this point, which Google Code doesn't help solve.