[cgiapp] Re: Proposed new look and branding for cgi-app.org

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Mon Apr 20 16:34:29 EDT 2009

> I would agree that CGI::App is a bit generic and often confusing. I'm
> not sure I care for the name of Titanium.
>
> How about 'Mantle'? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl,
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mantle_(geology)
>
> A couple of positive meanings, easy to say and type, short and not
> used much beyond geology.

Perhaps more effort should have gone into the name-brainstorm process
six months ago, before Titanium 1.0 was released:

http://search.cpan.org/~markstos/Titanium-1.00/

Is there a sense that Titanium is so bad that we should re-brand
at this point?

I agree there may be better names out there, but at some point we have
to commit and move on.