[cgiapp] Proposed new look and branding for cgi-app.org

Ron Savage ron at savage.net.au
Fri Apr 17 19:53:14 EDT 2009

Hi Mark

Yes, very nice, but...

On Thu, 2009-04-16 at 21:24 -0400, David Kaufman wrote:
> Mark Stosberg wrote:
> I'm of the opinion that CGI::Application sells itself just fine, and
> that any attempt to make it look more like a commercial software product
>   simply makes the "marketer" come off as deceptive, especially to
> software developers who know that it is an open source product that has
> a community of developers who use it, and not a company who merely
> markets it, standing behind it.
>
> Does CGI.pm need better branding, or to remove CGI from its name?

We've been through this before, also with CGI::App.

Image fabrication is an American business, political, etc problem, it's
not a programming problem.

I regard CGI::App similar to the way I regard CGI, HTTP, etc.

These are givens in our operating environment. There is no big
hullabaloo about them simply because they work, and keep on working.

I won't go on :-).

ron at savage.net.au
http://savage.net.au/index.html