[cgiapp] Re: [OT] HTML::Parser::Simple, now with attribute parsing

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Tue Apr 14 20:14:22 EDT 2009

> git://github.com/ronsavage/html--parser--simple.git

I've now added an attribute parser to this, and my work is in Ron's repo now.
The attribute parsing is not happening by default now, but the core parsing function
is available now.

It looks like this, or a sub-class of it, could be fairly pure perl HTML parser
that would be fairly compatible with the HTML::Parser API.

I'm not sure how I feel about storing the whole document in Tree::Simple, since
it means using more memory than the size of the current document. However,
depending on how it was sub-classed, the use of Tree::Simple might be
avoidable.

My interest in this is to have a pure-perl alternative to HTML::FillInForm
(which depends on the XS HTML::Parser). And the reason I want *that* is to
create a cross-platform distribution of Titanium and it's dependencies. That
would include the ValidateRM plugin, which depends on HTML::FillInForm.

http://mark.stosberg.com/