[cgiapp] CAP::Authentication install failure on Perl 5.10 ?

Graham TerMarsch cgi-application at howlingfrog.com
Fri Mar 20 12:25:13 EDT 2009

On March 18, 2009 07:40:04 am Richard Jones wrote:
> Has anyone successfully installed CAP::Authentication under Perl 5.10?
> It's failed for me on two separate Ubuntu Intrepid platforms, and I
> assume it's a Perl 5.10 issue, as recent installs on other Ubuntu
> platforms running Perl 5.8.8 have all been fine.
>
> All failures happen in t/02_config.t - here's an example:

Richard, I've encountered similar issues with CAP::Authentication on Perl
5.10.

Near as I can tell, though, the issue is more related to the test suite than
the module; I've rejigged the tests here locally to try it out and it worked
just fine for me.

I've spoken to Cees Hek (the CAP::Authen author) about this and am working
with him to get a new version put together which addresses these test
failures.

--
Graham TerMarsch
Howling Frog Internet Development, Inc.