[cgiapp] [Fwd: Re: ValidateRM not PP]

Michael Peters mpeters at plusthree.com
Sun Jan 25 11:54:28 EST 2009

Lyle wrote:

> Anyone had any ideas for a Pure Perl FillinForm replacement? At the
> moment I'm thinking of a simple regexp based alternative???

Please, please don't do that! HTML is a complicated language and any regular expressions you come up
with will fail on real world code. Trying to identify and change the properties of HTML form
elements would be tricky enough, but what about things like
   + Javascript code which has HTML in strings (very common in DHTML apps)
   + HTML comments?
   + targetting specific forms?

Dealing with HTML requires a parser. Anything else won't make people happy.

On a side note, get a hosting provider that gives you a compiler, gee wiz!

--
Michael Peters
Plus Three, LP