[cgiapp] CGI::Application::Dispatch: Apache vs. IIS

Jason A. Crome cromedome at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 14:08:50 EST 2008

To save you all a bunch of frustration and time, please be aware of
the following subtle distinction between PATH_INFO on IIS and Apache:

Consider this URL: http://yourserver/myscript.pl/foo/bar

On Apache, PATH_INFO will be set to /foo/bar.  On IIS, PATH_INFO is /
myscript.pl/foo/bar.  This subtle difference causes
CGI::Application::Dispatch to be non-functional in CGI mode on IIS
(tested versions 6 and 7).  Maybe you all know this already, and I am
a day late and a dollar short (as usual).  But in case you don't, I
hope you find this helpful.

mpeters: If I sent you a CGI::Application::Dispatch::IIS subclass,
could you (or Mark) incorporate it into the CA::Dispatch
distribution?  Or, if you don't want to mess with it and wouldn't mind
another co-maintainer, I'd be happy to maintain this bit of it.

Thanks!
Jason