[cgiapp] Re: [announce] OO MVC jumpstart/starter application

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Fri Dec 5 09:46:53 EST 2008

On Thu, 4 Dec 2008 23:03:45 -0500
"Mark Rajcok" <mrajcok at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 10:42 PM, Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm looking for feedback on a small working "core" of an application and
> > > tutorial that I recently wrote. The tutorial is here:
> > > http://docs.google.com/View?docID=dd363fg9_77gb4hdh7b&revision=_latest
> >
> > I've reviewed this in some more detail. It's nice. The performance
> > seemed pretty zippy to me.  I assume you choose this solution over
> > others because of the expectation that performs well in vanilla CGI?
>
> Yes.  I updated the tutorial to state that in the overview.

A bit more feedback. I think you can safely add more confidence to this
sentence, based on my experience switching CGI::App projects between
CGI and mod_perl, and a quick review of your code:

 "I hope that this application will also work in mod_perl and
 Apache::Registry environments, but I have not tested either."

I think it's safe to say:
"This application should also work under mod_perl and Apache::Registry
with little or no changes-- many CGI::Application projects do. However,
I have not yet tested this specific application in that context."