[cgiapp] Re: CAP::AutoRunmode & mod_perl issue resolved

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Sat Nov 29 10:09:03 EST 2008

> Of secondary importance, and in the interest of finally putting the
> issue behind me, does anyone have any idea why the above config caused
> the failure of both apps to work with AutoRunmode? Possibly runmode
> registration confusion?

I can see that AutoRunmode uses a BEGIN block, which can have gotchas
under mod_perl ( http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/porting.html#BEGIN_blocks ),
but from sight-reading the code, it looks like it should work to me,
because the BEGIN block just defines some subroutines, and they are
actually called in 'import()', which should be called by both modules.

http://mark.stosberg.com/blog