[cgiapp] Problem with Flash, Session & persistent environment identified

Ron Savage ron at savage.net.au
Sat Nov 22 16:53:43 EST 2008

Hi Richard

Thanx for the reply.

On Sat, 2008-11-22 at 10:17 +0000, Richard Jones wrote:
> Ron Savage wrote:
> > Hi Folks
> >
> > Here the new text:
> >
> > http://savage.net.au/Session.html#A_Warning_about_Auto_flushing
> >

> Ron,
>
> I'm not sure about the reference to sig handlers in your article. I
> think part of my problem with sessions under persistent envs in my app
> might have been inappropriate location and use of the die handler - I
> had it in my Dispatch class and the problem went away after I moved it
> to my cgiapp superclass, and removed DebugScreen with which it was
> almost certainly conflicting. I also had an 'exit 0' after the die
> signal had been trapped, though I would expect this to only exert its
> effect if a die signal had been caught. So I wonder if it might not be
> the use of sig handlers per se that is bad, just misuse of them?

Sure. That's why that section starts off with 'In some cases...'.

I just wanted to warn people, without trying to define a list of good or
bad usages. If the text makes them stop and think, that's as much as I
want to do, especially if they've got a problem and need clues to direct
their debugging efforts.

I'll wait a couple of days to see if there's more feedback before
committing the patch.

ron at savage.net.au
http://savage.net.au/index.html