[cgiapp] Problem with Flash, Session & persistent environment identified

Richard Jones ra.jones at dpw.clara.co.uk
Sat Nov 22 05:17:18 EST 2008

Ron Savage wrote:
> Hi Folks
>
> Here the new text:
>
> http://savage.net.au/Session.html#A_Warning_about_Auto_flushing

Ron,

I'm not sure about the reference to sig handlers in your article. I
think part of my problem with sessions under persistent envs in my app
might have been inappropriate location and use of the die handler - I
had it in my Dispatch class and the problem went away after I moved it
to my cgiapp superclass, and removed DebugScreen with which it was
almost certainly conflicting. I also had an 'exit 0' after the die
signal had been trapped, though I would expect this to only exert its
effect if a die signal had been caught. So I wonder if it might not be
the use of sig handlers per se that is bad, just misuse of them?
--
Richard Jones