[cgiapp] suitability of Autorunmode

Richard Jones ra.jones at dpw.clara.co.uk
Wed Nov 19 13:50:21 EST 2008

P Kishor wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I got the AutoRunmode plugin all set and running in my application
> finally, and like it so far.
>
> However, I just read Mark Stosberg's review, albeit of an earlier
> version where he found AutoRunmode to not be suitable for production.
> Problems with modperl, and other unlisted problems.
>
> See <http://cpanratings.perl.org/dist/CGI-Application-Plugin-AutoRunmode>
>
> I am wondering if these problems have been addressed in the latest
> version of the plugin? What is the "production ready" state of this
> (and other) plugins? Is it drop-in-ready for use when migrating from
> cgi to modperl?

See my earlier posting - CAP::AutoRunmode not working with mod_perl again ??

It's viewable here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/cgiapp@lists.openlib.org/msg07094.html

If you *do* get it working with mod_perl, I would be very interested to
hear about it. I can't. See also CAP::RunmodeDeclare as an alternative,
which *does* work with mod_perl, at least in my setup.
--
Richard Jones