[cgiapp] New plugin idea based/inspired on CA Dispatch.

Porta julian.porta at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 10:10:41 EDT 2008

Hi all.
I already started writing a CA plugin and I'd love to hear what you
all think (if the idea/plugin can be useful or just a waste of time).
I have my own thoughts but I can be missing something and I'd like to
have other opinions.
Based and inspired in CA Dispatch, also borrowing some code, the
plugin should work as a *light* implementation from CA Dispatch for
simple CA based apps.

In my daily work, I usually write simple CA apps, always with a couple
of runmodes (usually, around 8) and a single application module (no
need to have more, since the apps usually are fairly simple). Also, I
usually need to implement clean url's.

In this context, what I did so far is to adapt the url parsing routine
from CA Dispatch (receiving from the CA app a dispatch table in the
same way CA Dispatch does) and *adding* the parsed params/values into
CGI.pm params, in a way they can be retrieved in the CA based app with
the usual $app->query->param('parsed_param_name'); method.

Since this is my first plugin AND I never been in touch with CA other
than doing my simple CA apps, I dont know if this idea is good, ok,
heresy or just stupid.

Thoughts?

Porta.

ps. just in case, I uploaded what I did so far to
http://github.com/Porta/cgi--application--plugin--routes/tree/master
in case someone wanna take a look.

Thanks.