[cgiapp] Re: Anyone using HTML::Template::Expr ? (comments on Rhesa's patch to easily use alternate H::T class)

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Tue Sep 16 21:10:15 EDT 2008

> I do think your question is more justification for the small
> refactoring I proposed a couple of weeks ago (to pull out the
> hard-coded "HTML::Template" into a constant method). Ah well.

This "use case" does make the patch look more attractive.  I'm warming
up to it. There /are/ several H::T compatible modules, and you are right
that it would make related plugins simpler.

Also, someone might want to privately sub-class H::T themselves, and it
would be nice not to have to copy/paste load_tmpl() to use it.

One concern I have had about adding new, rarely-used methods is making
the docs more complicated.

But, having Titanium as additional layer helps with that now. "Advanced"
functions can be documented only in CGI::Application, while Titanium
focuses on being more user-friendly, in part by not documenting every
option.

Last time I asked for other opinions on your patch no one else offered
any. Last call for comments?

http://mark.stosberg.com/