[cgiapp] Anyone using HTML::Template::Expr ?

Dan Horne dan.horne at redbone.co.nz
Tue Sep 16 19:23:13 EDT 2008

Joshua Miller said:

>> Mark Jaffe wrote:
>> > Thanks for the info; it is the second case that is concerning me,
>> which
>> > is what I need to do. I am outside my comfort-zone with an override,
>> and
>> > just need to see an example/tutorial of how it is done. Any
>> suggestions
>> > for how to override load_tmpl? My initial attempt failed due to
>> stupidity.
>>

>> Well, you copy all the code in CGI::Application::load_tmpl, and replace
>> "HTML::Template" with "HTML::Template::Expr".
>>
>> Or you could be even fancier, and do what
>> CGI::Application::Plugin::HTCompiled does. Slightly more cumbersome to
>> use
>> in your own applications, but it does show how to override load_tmpl.
>>

>> I do think your question is more justification for the small refactoring
>> proposed a couple of weeks ago (to pull out the hard-coded
>> "HTML::Template"
>> into a constant method). Ah well.
>>

> I found CGI::Application::Plugin::AnyTemplate to be more than sufficient.

I used C::A::P::AnyTemplate when I wanted to use H::T::Expr rather than
H::T. It found that it had a memory leak when using H::T::Expr (rather
than another template solution, say Template Toolkit). A fix can be found
in http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=18157, but I don't know
if it will ever make it to the core module