[cgiapp] Anyone using HTML::Template::Expr ?

Rhesa Rozendaal perl at rhesa.com
Tue Sep 16 15:50:23 EDT 2008

Mark Jaffe wrote:
 > Thanks for the info; it is the second case that is concerning me, which
 > is what I need to do. I am outside my comfort-zone with an override, and
 > just need to see an example/tutorial of how it is done. Any suggestions
 > for how to override load_tmpl? My initial attempt failed due to stupidity.

Well, you copy all the code in CGI::Application::load_tmpl, and replace
"HTML::Template" with "HTML::Template::Expr".

Or you could be even fancier, and do what CGI::Application::Plugin::HTCompiled
does. Slightly more cumbersome to use in your own applications, but it does
show how to override load_tmpl.

I do think your question is more justification for the small refactoring I
proposed a couple of weeks ago (to pull out the hard-coded "HTML::Template"
into a constant method). Ah well.

:-)

Rhesa