[cgiapp] Need help - direction on a CGI for graphics

Bill Stephenson bills at perlhelp.com
Fri Aug 22 14:12:47 EDT 2008

On Aug 22, 2008, at 7:37 AM, Lou Hernsen wrote:

> Hallo and thank you.. I know this is a bit off topic...
>
> I am looking for a CGI that will allow me to take several graphics
> (gif/jpg/anything that works in a web page)
> and paste them on top of each others. The graphics have transparent
> area.

Hi Lou,

First, you need a "Graphics Engine" to do this. The "GD" libraries are
a good place to start. Many web hosts have the GD lib installed as well
as the perl "GD.PM" to go with it. If they're not there it may take
some work to get them all installed depending on what platform you're
using.

I'm sure that integrating your code for graphics manipulation with CGI
Application will be no problem.

Bill