[cgiapp] htree - building static HTML pages from templates

Ron Savage ron at savage.net.au
Sun Jul 20 22:16:36 EDT 2008

Hi Jason

> You can get it here:  http://cromedome.net/downloads/HTML-Template-Htree-0.1.tar.gz

I've found Pod::Webserver is superb for this type of thing, although it
doesn't aim at quite the same target your module does.

It ships with the script podwebserver.

So, running that in the background with:
shell> podwebserver &
means I can (since I run Apache) point my browser at
http://127.0.0.1:8020/
and have access to all POD for all modules, because the program indexes
all modules found in @INC.

And yes, it won't automatically see a newly-installed module's POD, but
that's a minor issue.

There are other solutions, too.

For instance, there is the powerful but awkward-to-use Pod::POM, for
which I wrote a wrapper http://savage.net.au/Perl.html#fancy_pom2_pl
some time ago.

These alternatives to your module are not meant negatively, but rather
simply indicate people should be aware of all alternatives so as to be
able to make a well-informed choice.

ron at savage.net.au
http://savage.net.au/index.html