[cgiapp] Re: bug report: 'make test' fails when $HEADERS_ONCE of CGI.pm globals modified

Cees Hek ceeshek at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 21:21:51 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 11:05 AM, Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com> wrote:

>> So, nope, not our problem.
>
> Thanks for the feedback. I went ahead and rejected the bug.

I agree that it isn't really the responsibility of CGI::Application to
account for these problems.  But since this has caused a user some
problems, I think it makes sense to put something in the test suite
that at least notifies the user that their setup will not work
properly with CGI::Application or at least it will not work properly
with the test suite.

I would leave the existing test as is so they do fail in this
situation, but add an extra test that checks for the value of
$CGI::HEADERS_ONCE, and if it is set, fail the test and display a
warning message about why this could be an issue.

We could check for $CGI::HEADERS_ONCE and skip the problem tests, but
I think that would hide the underlying problem and potentially cause
more issues for the user.

Cheers,

Cees