[cgiapp] CAP::ValidateRM install failure

Lesley Binks lesley.binks at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 6 10:33:25 EDT 2008

Hi
I'm experimenting with CGI::Application and thought I'd try the
sitepoint article out to get the hang of it all.
So I cut and pasted the data and then started sorting out the
dependencies via cpan which I think gets me the latest modules down.
.
I'm on Debian etch with perl 5.8

I searched through the archives on erlbaum.net and found that someone
else has experienced this same problem in Oct 2007.
( http://lists.openlib.org/pipermail/cgiapp/2007q4/000062.html )

The sample application requires CAP::ValidateRM and the cpan install fails thus

PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e"
"test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t
t/01_basic......ok
t/99_pod........ok
t/forward.......1/4
#   Failed test 'form is returned'
#   at t/forward.t line 22.
#          got: 'legacy form output HUH'
#     expected: 'legacy form output'
# Looks like you failed 1 test of 4.
t/forward....... Dubious, test returned 1 (wstat 256, 0x100)
 Failed 1/4 subtests
        (less 2 skipped subtests: 1 okay)

Test Summary Report
-------------------
t/forward.t (Wstat: 256 Tests: 4 Failed: 1)
  Failed test:  2
  Non-zero exit status: 1
Files=3, Tests=19,  1 wallclock secs ( 0.02 usr  0.00 sys +  0.32 cusr
 0.03 csys =  0.37 CPU)
Result: FAIL
Failed 1/3 test programs. 1/19 subtests failed.
make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 1

This seems to be the forward_form test

    sub forward_form {
        my $self = shift;
        Test::More::is($self->get_current_runmode, 'forward_form',
            "if ::Forward is loaded, current_rm is updated");
        $self->header_type('none');
        return "forward form output HUH";
    }

Unfortunately there were no replies to this problem for the previous
poster.  Likewise I know little about the Perl Test harness at this
time.

Anyone know what's up here or know of a fix?  Did the previous poster
get a fix to this problem?

Regards

LesleyB