[cgiapp] CGIApp Project Management

Michael Peters mpeters at plusthree.com
Thu Mar 13 16:48:56 EDT 2008

Gabor Szabo wrote:

> If not, is there any reason not to develop in plain CGI mode and then
> use mod_perl
> only in some integration (staging) server and in the live application?

If you aren't using the mod_perl/Apache API then developing in CGI mode makes
sense. Although I wouldn't do all of your dev that way. I'd have a flag that
turns it on and off. For one, it's nice to be able to know your app functions in
mod_perl before launching it. And it's also nice if you're doing some
development related tasks that don't require code changes before every request
(like writing docs for the new version, taking screen shots, doing walkthroughs,
etc). It'd suck to demo a new version of something to your boss and have it be
slow just cause you're using CGI cause it's dev code.

--
Michael Peters
Plus Three, LP