[cgiapp] how to use C::A::Dispatch with FastCGI ?

David Emery dave at skiddlydee.com
Sun Feb 24 03:42:53 EST 2008

"Mark Fuller" <azfuller at gmail.com> writes:

> BTW: The speedyCGI package installed with Ubuntu 7.10 (probably the
> same package available in Debian) seems to work. I'm not sure what
> version of Perl I'm getting.

You'd be getting whatever version of Perl is on that machine.

> But, it's a pretty simple way to play
> with persistence without going through a web server. An easy way to
> see how class and object data differ.

I use speedy fairly regularly and like it a lot. Virtual server hosts I
use often run on FreeBSD, which has a port available so it's easy to
install. In the past I've been able to get a couple of shared hosting
companies to install it as well.

It works very well for me. The ability to group scripts together to
share a speedy instance, and to set config parameters in the
shebang-line are nice.

Dave