[cgiapp] how to use C::A::Dispatch with FastCGI ?

Mark Fuller azfuller at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 12:01:18 EST 2008

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 5:04 PM, Ron Savage <ron at savage.net.au> wrote:
>  Here's a demo:

This might be better asked on Perlmonks, but do you have a feel for
how widely used is fastcgi? I got the impression it's not because the
CPAN module isn't easy to find. Searching CPAN for "fcgi" returns a
catalyst module (MojoMojo with a ridiculous version number) instead of
the real FCGI module[1]. The module hasn't been updated since 2002.

Have you looked at any other persistence tools? I've seen references
to speedyCGI (aka persistentPerl) and pperl (CPAN module). But, I get
the impression they're not widely used because they haven't been
updated in awhile. (2003 and 2004 respectively.). I couldn't compile
speedyCGI. (But, I noticed Ubuntu 7.10 has an installable module in
its repository.). I haven't tried pperl yet. It looks like it was
created because the author couldn't compile SpeedyCGI either.

I'm just trying to understand what's commonly used. I feel like I'm
missing something because I've heard it's desirable to use something
other than mod_perl because 1) it's a bad idea to run Perl within the
web server, and 2) web hosters may not make it available. But, looking
around, looking around it's not clear to me what people are using.

[1] http://search.cpan.org/~skimo/FCGI-0.67/FCGI.PL

Thanks,