[cgiapp] Proposed plug-in (need help with name)

Mark Fuller azfuller at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 15:00:12 EST 2008

I'm preparing to upload a plugin to CPAN. (My first. I'm waiting for a
PAUSE password). I'd like to make sure others agree with how I name
it.

The module mimics Catalyst's behavior: When you return from a
controller action (runmode in C::A) it automatically renders your H::T
template (using a "stashed" template and vars). I was inspired to do
this when I saw plugin::Stash. It reminded me of the other neat thing
about Catalyst (automatically template handling).

It's extremely trivial. But, it might be useful if someone doesn't
want to interact directly with the template, and/or just wants
Catalyst-like behavior. They just stash their vars and template, and
return from their runmode. The plugin registers a callback to C::A's
"postrun" and gets an empty bodyref. It retrieves the template, and
for all the params found in the template, it attempts to set them if a
corresponding param is found in C::A (when the user "stashed" it). It
detects that a redirect is occurring, and avoids processing in that
case.

Question:
=======

My question is: What should it be named? Corresponding to the Catalyst
module that performs the same behavior, it would be named
CGI::Application::Plugin::View::HTML::Template.

Does anyone see anything wrong with that name? Or, think of a better name?

Thanks,