[cgiapp] Poll: What's your favorite CGI-App plugin and why?

Cees Hek ceeshek at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 17:58:27 EST 2008

On Sat, Feb 16, 2008 at 2:06 AM, Brian Edwards <brian at etcproject.com> wrote:
>  BTW, can somebody tell me if I am correct in using:
>
>  use CGI::Session (qw/-ip_match/);
>  use CGI::Application::Plugin::Session;
>
>  to require the remote host ip address to match the ip stored in the session?

Yes, that should work.  There are a couple of things to consider when
using this though.

First, if you are running under mod_perl or some other persistent
environment, then all your apps will use the -ip_match switch as soon
as it is loaded in one of them.  This is because it is implemented
using a global variable in the CGI::Session namespace.

Second, there are some clients out there that may come from different
IP addresses on every request if they are using a pool of proxy
servers.  So make sure you know your audience when using this option.

Cheers,

Cees