[cgiapp] Poll: What's your favorite CGI-App plugin and why?

Brian Edwards brian at etcproject.com
Fri Feb 15 10:06:54 EST 2008

On Thursday 14 February 2008 17:17:24 Ron Savage wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-02-13 at 21:01 -0500, David Moreno wrote:
>
> Hi David
>
> > I'd like to start a little poll about what are people's favorite CGI-App
> > plugins and why.
>
> CGI::Application::Dispatch
> CGI::Application::Plugin::Session

Ditto, along with:

CGI::Application::Plugin::DBH
CGI::Application::Plugin::Redirect
CGI::Application::Plugin::ConfigAuto

Regarding CGI::Application::Plugin::DBH, I know it's a good practice to
abstract the db logic from the app, but I'm using postgres custom variable
classes by calling:
  $self->dbh->do("SET customclassname.variablename = ?", undef, 'foo')
and I switch the handle at times with:
  $self->dbh_default_name('dbh_handle_name').

I need to do those things inside C::A, so I use the plugin.

BTW, can somebody tell me if I am correct in using:

use CGI::Session (qw/-ip_match/);
use CGI::Application::Plugin::Session;

to require the remote host ip address to match the ip stored in the session?

--
Brian Edwards
brian at etcproject.com