[cgiapp] Persistence

Michael Peters mpeters at plusthree.com
Fri Feb 8 10:24:16 EST 2008

Stephen Carville wrote:

> Seems to me it makes more sense to embed the session ID or any other
> tracking as hidden variables in a form and send it back as a POST.

This assumes then that every request you make is now a post request. Which means
not more <a> links, just forms. And this also breaks REST style apps (and really
anything that tries to have meaningful HTTP semantics) since POST requests are
for things that could change the data server-side and GET requests are for
anything that won't (idempotent). In this day and age you really have to expect
your users to use cookies. I can understand people not wanting to be tracked
long term, but why should anyone object to memory-only cookies?

--
Michael Peters
Developer