[cgiapp] super fancy javascript

Ron Savage ron at savage.net.au
Sat Dec 22 19:30:13 EST 2007

On Fri, 2007-12-14 at 13:53 -0800, Benjamin Hitz wrote:

Hi Ben

> The short title would be:  Rico vs. jQuery!  Who will Win!

I haven't used either of these. I'll only give you some URLs I've
collected (and which you may not have seen):

Sortable tables:
http://www.kryogenix.org/code/browser/sorttable/

JS frameworks:
http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/
http://dojotoolkit.org/projects/dojox
http://teethgrinder.co.uk/open-flash-chart/ (for outstanding charts. Has
Perl interface)

Online docs:
http://www.blooberry.com/indexdot/css/index2.htm (limited)
http://www.gotapi.com/html (the kitchen sink)

Web design tools:
http://www.tlbox.com/web_designers/
http://www.oswd.org/
http://www.openwebdesign.org/
http://www.opendesigns.org/
http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/
http://htmlhelp.com/

> there is a Cpan JQuery library as well).  The Rico dist comes with a
> non-cpan (yet?) module called DBIx::LiveGrid as well for getting
> tables via DBI (we are slowly converting to DBIx::Class, which
> apparently doesn't quite mesh with the DBIx::LiveGrid).

Tables from DBI: See also (my modules) DBIx::Table2Hash, DBIx::HTML::*.

DBIx::Class: Errr, I would definitely have gone with Rose there...

Nevertheless, best wishes of the season on your search for software
heaven!

Also, it'd be good to get feedback on your experiences in all this.

ron at savage.net.au
http://savage.net.au/index.html