[cgiapp] new dev release: 4.07_02

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Wed Oct 31 19:49:37 EDT 2007

I've just sent another dev release to CPAN. The changes since the last
stable release are listed below.

The thing to iron out before the next stable release is finishing the
refactoring that rjbs started to create more methods from within the 'run'
method. This had been requested in the past to create more sub-classing and
plugin possibilities.

Volunteers welcome.  I especially like it when people use the darcs
repository, but sending diffs is fine, too.

I expect the remaining coding would be trivial, while the harder parts will
be settling on names and writing docs.

    Mark

###

4.07_02 Weds Oct 31, 2007

    [DOCUMENTATION]
    - typo corrections (Evan Zacks)
    - The docs for header_type() have been improved, including an example of
using
      CGI::Applicatin::Plugin::Redirect (Mark Stosberg)

    [INTERNALS]
    - Reverted switch to Class::MOP in 4.07_01, which benchmarking showed
      to be slower. (Mark Stosberg)
    - Beautify the code for _send_headers (Chris Dolan, Mark Stosberg)

4.07_01 Sun Jul 2, 2006

    [INTERNALS]
    - Switched from using Class::ISA to Class::MOP for introspection.
Class::MOP
      models the way this will be done Perl6, providing the same result.
(Mark Stosberg)
    - better test diagnostics (rjbs)
    - improve test coverage (rjbs)
    - improve consistency of checks for false/0len/undef (rjbs)
    - split &run up into chunks (not yet finalized). New methods currently
include:
        __get_runmode
        __get_runmeth
        __get_body
      Feedback is welcome on whether these should be exposed to the user,
with
      (possibly) better names. (rjbs)