[cgiapp] strategies for decoupling HTML::Template

Jesse Erlbaum jesse at erlbaum.net
Fri Oct 19 22:45:48 EDT 2007

> I am not a big fan of HTML::Template.  It just doesn't float my boat.
> It bugs
> me a little bit that it's a prereq of CGI::Application, especially when
> it
> isn't, then, really needed.

I am a big fan of HTML::Template, which is why I put in there in the first place.  In spite of the fact that I have a strong preference, I made it easy (nay, trivial) to swap in your own templating system.

Your request has been heard, and respectfully declined.  (You're not nearly the first to make it.)  You're going to have to hold your nose and let CPAN install HTML::Template even though you don't use it because it's part of the core, and it's needed for many existing applications (as you've noticed).

-Jesse-

Jesse Erlbaum
The Erlbaum Group, LLC
817 Broadway, 10th floor