[ArchEc] About binary (~/bin/saveURL)

Thomas Krichel krichel at openlib.org
Tue Jan 29 01:03:28 CST 2013

  Rishabh Sharma writes

> I am not good at perl thats why i coded it in cpp.

  We can't work like this.

> I will send you the code.

  We don't send code. We use a server to do the work and there
  we store code.

> >  Why do you use copies of the C system libraries?
> saveurl needs shared libraries as dependency. Although some libraries might
> be present on server but i copied all ldd libraries as i dont know which
> lib packages are already installed on server.

  You could ask me to install packages if the softwar is not
  there.

> Please tell me if the work done by saveurl is correct or not. If its wrong
> what changes i need to do

  I think the work is correct but it needs to be coded in Perl.

  You also need to build/maintain a caching database.

> and also im not able to understand cache structure.

  You need to set this out from the requiremnts. For
  tobi ids we need disk locations. If we look at a
  different dump we need store new version of the
  template if it has changed.

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                    http://openlib.org/home/krichel
                                      http://authorprofile.org/pkr1