[ArchEc] About binary (~/bin/saveURL)

Thomas Krichel krichel at openlib.org
Wed Jan 23 17:02:31 CST 2013

  Rishabh Sharma writes
> I have developed little application saveURL it is not meant to run directly
> but this binary is executed by read_redif_mod.

  This is wrong. The changes to the software need to be done using
  libraries in the lib/perl directory.

> What this applicatio do?
> I modified read_redif to read_redif_mod which not just read rdf file for
> handle or text related to it

  We are not interested in dealing with the fobis at this time.
  Only templates need to be stored.

> but also creates 3 temporary log file in ~/log
> directory which is removed after the operation is completed. It also exec
> saveURL binary which in turn reads ~/log/* files for rdf file path, handle,
> and handle text (string).

  I don't understand this roun

  This is is the wrong way of doing it.

> function performed by  saveURL::
> It gets the time stamp of rdf file reverse it and create dir like ~/720/820
> It than percent encode the handle name and creates the file with percent
> encoded handle name (as stated in fort lee doc) with handle text in it.
> Example is given below
> http://archec.repec.org/720/905/9611_RePEc%253Aqut

  The result look find, but we don't need two scripts
  here. The time stamp inversion, file creation, checking
  for earlier version from the database etc have to be
  handled in a library because they are shared between
  tobis and fobis.

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                    http://openlib.org/home/krichel
                                      http://authorprofile.org/pkr1