[ArchEc] Regarding obi_handle cache database structure

Thomas Krichel krichel at openlib.org
Mon Feb 25 10:33:00 CET 2013

  Rishabh Sharma writes
> >  I think there should be only one collection, say tobi, fro
> > This will need to be fixed.
> Actually there are only two collection one containing list of tobi handles
> and other consisting of information of tobi handles like time stamp and
> checksum. Each tobi handle in handle collection points to various entries
> in collection containing tobi handle information.

  It dosen not need to. In Perl you build a refernce withe
  informaiton as required and then you serialize it with JSON
  and store in the database.

  IT looks to me that your approach is based on a missuderstanding
  of the capabilties of mongodb.

  if your data is in $d

  $d->{ID}->{FILE1}=CHECKSUM1;
  $d->{ID}->{FILE2}=CHECKSUM2;
  $d->{ID}->{CHECKSUM1}=FILE1;
  $d->{ID}->{CHECKSUM2}=FILE2;

> This is how reference can
> be build in Mongodb.

  I don't understand why we can't just do with one collection?
> Ok do i have to proceed with this tarball RePEc_2007-03-01.tar.gz and i
> have to untar it to ~/data/current directory and remove the old content of
> this directory.

  No. Current has to stay as is. It is the link to the current
  directory. Pleae untar the next tarball into  temporary directory
  and then delete that when your are done. Otherwise all tihs will
  land up being mirrored.

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                    http://openlib.org/home/krichel
                                      http://authorprofile.org/pkr1