[AMF-talk] amf.xsd

Thomas Krichel amf-talk@lists.openlib.org
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 09:03:28 -0500

  Tim Brody writes

> If it is simpler to have one relation (isPartOf),

  technically, in Schema, it is more complicated, I will have
  to create a new verb group that can take all nouns as a
  child. But that is not a problem ...

  Then again, we really should be using RELAX NG as a schema
  language, because we can not impose some of the stuff that
  would like to within Schema.

> I suggest we stick with that, rather than introducing subtlely
> different tags for the same concept.

  ismemberof will only apply to p/o, ispartof only to text and collection.
  It is like "name" and "title".

  I think that for a p/o, ismember of is the slightly more intuitive term.
  But I could be wrong. I am not known for subtlety.

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                                   mailto:krichel@openlib.org
                                              http://openlib.org/home/krichel
                                          RePEc:per:1965-06-05:thomas_krichel