[repec-help] step-by-step instructions

Carlos Andrés carlosvasco at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 12:43:31 EDT 2008

I think that's a good idea.  Showing examples it's the best way.

Also i think that we need to do screenshoots or videos of every step by
step.  Setting the FTP server for example, using FTP clients like cuteftp,
or making the metadata files with the particular *.rdf *, with screenshoots
or making videos with camtasia (checkout this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaFRWm16cK4) will help a lot with that people
who are afraid of the process

-------------------------
I just looked through the instructions again and found them quite
clear, even though I was one of the ones who had trouble!  All the
information is there, and the flow of information is orderly.  I think
that excessive revision might make things worse.

The only thing I can suggest is to give a few examples of sites
already set up.  You can use mine, although I'm not sure it is the
best.  This should be easy to do because you require that the RePEc
directory be readable, so people can see the entire structure.  (Maybe
you have examples already.  I missed them.)

Jon

http://journal.sjdm.org/RePEc/

--
Carlos Andrés Vasco Correa