[repec-help] Fwd: [Seoul Journal of Economics] request for RePEc step-by-step tutorial

Kit Baum baum at bc.edu
Tue Oct 14 06:14:18 EDT 2008

Could someone on the RePEc-Help team pick this up?  I have removed the
original attachments from the message as they make it too large to
post. Mr Yoon should be able to use the interactive syntax checker at
EconPapers on his materials.  He included a "rdf" file with
inappropriate line breaks:

---------------
Template-Type: ReDIF-Article 1.0
Author-Name: Se-Jik Kim
Author-Email: skim at snu.ac.kr
Author-Workplace-Name: Seoul National University
Author-Name: Mark R. Stone
Author-Email: mstone at imf.org
Author-Workplace-Name: International Monetary
Fund Title: Corporate Leverage, Bankruptcy, and Output
Adjustment in Post-Crisis East Asia Abstract: This paper posits
that different levels of corporate leverage help explain the
very wide range of output adjustment across East Asia in
response to the 1997-98 crisis. A general equilibrium model is
presented where leverage and output are linked by low
investment and capital sales triggered by the threat of
bankruptcy. In the model developed here, highly leveraged firms
facing a cutoff of capital inflows, which are threatened by
bankruptcy, respond first by eliminating investment and then by
selling their capital goods - at a discount - to try to stay
afloat. Lower investment and wasteful capital sales shrink the
aggregate capital stock, trigger deflationary pressures, and
contract overall output. In contrast, less leveraged firms,
which are not threatened by bankruptcy, would not have to
respond by lowering investment and raising costly capital
sales. Therefore, a higher corporate leverage may induce a
greater output contraction during the crisis. The available
data are consistent with the assumptions and predictions of the
model. Classification-JEL: G33, E22, E23 Keywords: Corporate
leverage, Bankruptcy, Crisis, Output adjustment Journal: Seoul
Journal of Economics Pages: 419-445 Volume: 20 Issue: 4 Year:
2007 Month: Winter File-URL:
http://econ.snu.ac.kr/~ecores/publication.html File-Format:
Application/pdf File-URL:
http://econ.snu.ac.kr/~ecores/publication.html File-Format:
text/html Handle: RePEc:sje:journl:v:20:y:2007:i:4:p:419-445

http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html

Begin forwarded message: