[Repec-data] A first proposal

David K. Levine david at dklevine.com
Thu Aug 29 19:21:19 UTC 2013

So then the idea would be for software to provide the higher level organization by reading the templates and allowing them to be searched?

----- On 8/29/2013 11:20 am repec-data at lists.ope wrote -----

That is really up to the data provider. You want the granularity to would
help users find what they want. To take the OECD MEI example again, users
generally do not look for national accounts or the MEI, they look for a
specific series of a specific country.

So yes, I would create 148,000 templates, neatly organized by data
providers, and possibly make create several collections for some
providers.

On Thu, 29 Aug 2013, David K. Levine wrote:

> I believe the proposal was one template per n-dimensional array.
>
> ----- On 8/29/2013 11:06 am repec-data at lists.ope wrote -----
>
> Christian,
>
> This does not make sense to me: the notion of creating o

==

David K. Levine

Professor of Economics and Joint Chair RSCAS
Department of Economics                    http://www.dklevine.com/
European University Institute              phone:  [+39] 055 468 5954
Villa San Paolo                                     office: VSP 45
Via della Piazzuola 43
I-50133 Firenze - Italy

John H. Biggs Distinguished Professor
Department of Economics
Washington University in St. Louis     phone: [+1] 314 935 9529
Campus Box 12081 Brookings Dr.
St. Louis MO 63130-4899