[RePEc-announce] RePEc in 2019

Christian Zimmermann zimmermann at stlouisfed.org
Sat Jan 4 16:04:45 UTC 2020

2019 has been an interesting year. Indeed, while traffic has been on a
long decline for the set of reporting RePEc services, there has been a
major turnaround in 2019. For those services, we counted 5,821,298 full
text downloads and 28,629,161 abstract views, numbers that are the highest
since 2017 and 2013 respectively. We will see whether this trend will
continue in 2020. A contributing factor may be the continuous improvements
of the websites that drive most of this traffic. This blog will talk over
the next year about how RePEc services distinguish themselves from other
more generic services and thus are particularly useful for economists and
the general public interested in economics.

Of course, this growth of traffic was likely also fuelled by an increase
in content indexed by RePEc. We can highlight the following numbers:
87 new RePEc archives,
66,000 new working papers, with 200 new working paper series,
167,000 new journal articles, with 400 new journals,
for a total of almost a quarter million newly indexed works,
2,600 newly registered authors,
and 3,200 NEP reports.

Looking forward to 2020!

Christian Zimmermann                          FIGUGEGL!
Economic Research
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
P.O. Box 442
St. Louis MO 63166-0442 USA