[RePEc-announce] RePEc in April 2014

'Christian Zimmermann' zimmermann at stlouisfed.org
Mon May 5 05:39:02 UTC 2014

A major threshold was reached a few days ago with 40,000 authors
registered on the RePEc Author Service (not counting over 10,000
non-authors). For comparison, the membership of the American Economic
Association, the largest society of economists, is about 13,000.

We have welcomed the following new particpating archives in RePEc: Council
for Budget Responsibility, Università di Roma Sapienza (II), WISE, Indiana
State University, Canon Institute for Global Studies, Pepperdine
University, Macrothink Institute, Credit and Capital Markets, Asian
Development Bank, German Institute for Japanese Studies, Universitat de
Barcelona (II), Analítika. We also counted 593,545 file downloads and
2,794,821 abstract views, only for the RePEc services that deliver such
statistics.

This brings us to the various thresholds we reached over the last month:

60000000 cumulative abstract views on EconPapers
1400000 listed documents available online
40000 registered authors
1000 economists put on auction in the RePEc fantasy league.

Christian Zimmermann                          FIGUGEGL!
Economic Research
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
P.O. Box 442
St. Louis MO 63166-0442 USA