[RePEc-announce] RePEc in December 2013, and a look back at 2013

'Christian Zimmermann' zimmermann at stlouisfed.org
Sat Jan 4 03:10:20 UTC 2014

First about last month. CitEc has a new sponsor. We counted 512,345 file
downloads and 2,274,496 abstract views, and we welcomed a small crop of
newly participating archives: Redfame Publishing, Warsaw School of
Economics, Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana, Universität Trier. The
Economists Online website has closed.

Here are the thresholds we passed last December:

500000 documents with extracted and matched references
8000 online books
3000 links from Wikipedia to documents or authors on RePEc sites

As for what we have done over the past year: We inaugurated several new
features: the RePEc Biblio, MyIDEAS, 10-year rankings, a job market paper
archive, and a fantasy league. We served 6,819,455 downloads and
29,020,533 abstract views. We welcomed 124 newly participating archives
that added along with the existing ones about 173,000 documents to RePEc.
We also counted over 4,000 newly registered authors. This continuing
growth is quite surprising, as we would have thought that all low-hanging
fruits were already gathered long ago. But no, they keep coming, and we
welcome them with open arms.

Christian Zimmermann                          FIGUGEGL!
Economic Research
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
P.O. Box 442
St. Louis MO 63166-0442 USA