[RePEc-announce] RePEc in December 2011 and a look back at 2011

'Christian Zimmermann' zimmermann at stlouisfed.org
Tue Jan 3 11:20:33 CST 2012

And another year has passed, and it is our duty to look back at what
happened. But first the monthly update. In December we counted 583,840
file downloads and 2,025,144 abstract views, which is on the low side,
with a strong seasonal component. Yet, RePEc continues to expand, with new
participating archives from the following institutions: Universität Zürich
(IV), Fondazione Aristide Merloni, University of Chicago (II), E3
Journals, INRA (VII), State Audit Office of Hungary, Université Dauphine
(II), Instituto de Políticas y Bienes Públicos (IPP), Asian Economic and
Social Society. In terms of thresholds passed, we can report:

200000 cited articles
50000 monthly downloads through NEP (in November)
2500 software components listed

Regarding the year: RePEc content continues to grow at unexpected rates:
157,000 research items were added, 152,000 of which are available online,
covering in part 166 new journals and 303 new working paper series. 126
new archives joined RePEc and 4100 new authors registered. All these
numbers cannot hide, though, some stagnation in traffic (8,235,237
downloads and 28,089,999 abstract views), with only NEP, our email
notification service, registering significant growth. But we are hopeful
that several product innovations in the coming months will drive traffic
back up. Follow this blog for the announcements!

--
Christian Zimmermann                          FIGUGEGL!
Economic Research