[RePEc-announce] Centre for Empirical Economics and Econometrics, Department of Statistics, "Sapienza" University of Rome [archive no. 1343]

Christopher Baum kit.baum at bc.edu
Sat Jul 23 16:44:44 CDT 2011

I agree, and I usually ask requestors to contact an existing maintainer and collaborate. Inevitably the existing maintainer does not want to allow access to his/her server, or the requestor claims s/he cannot possibly collaborate with someone in a different admin unit. I have some sympathy for that. I could not give another unit at BC access to the server I use to publish boc without violating university security regulations.

The more annoying thing from my perspective are the repeat requests from the _same_ unit after several months of inaction by the first requestor. I try to catch those.

And the other day someone asked to establish an archive for a uni dept that  has been in RePEc for years. Turns out they have no idea how to access their existing content so they wanted to just start over!!

Kit

via iPhone 4