[RePEc-announce] RePEc in December 2010 and a look back at 2010

Christian Zimmermann christian.zimmermann at uconn.edu
Thu Jan 6 17:39:34 CST 2011

As a new year has started, it is time to recapitulate what was achieved
over the last year. But let us first mention December 2010. We welcomed 14
new archives to RePEc: Prague Development Center, Asociación de Economía
Ecológica en España, Technische Universität Berlin (II), International
Black Sea University, Instytut Rozwoju, Haute Ecole de Gestion Arc,
Université de Neuchâtel (II), Universidade de Brasília, Stanford
University (II), Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, Université des
Antilles et de la Guyane, Czestochowa Technical University, Research on
Money and Finance, Stanford University. We counted 681,877 file downloads
and 2,328,640 abstract views and reached the following thresholds:

6000000 references extracted
2500000 citations linked within RePEc
400000 downloads through NEP in a single year
200000 items with JEL codes
175000 articles with citations

Now to 2010: Over the year, RePEc welcomed 146 new participating archives,
bringing the total to 1266. They all added 64973 working papers in 245 new
series and 97720 articles in 177 new journals. This added 161885 works
that are available online and increased by 20% the listings in RePEc. 3988
authors joined the RePEc Author Service, and their profiles now list
111877 more works than a year earlier. NEP sent 4448 weekly reports about
new research, and the RePEc services that share statistics recorded
8,989,727 downloads and 30,777,612 abstract views. These last numbers are
lower than the previous year because of a further tightening of criteria.

In terms of new features and services, the following were added during the
year, among others: EconomistsOnline is a new RePEc service that allows to
search the database in a different way than existing services We also
introduced RSS feeds for articles, papers, series and journals, and a few
new rankings.

Christian Zimmermann                                     FIGUGEGL!
Department of Economics
University of Connecticut
341 Mansfield Road, Unit 1063
Storrs, CT 06269-1063