[RePEc-announce] RePEc in January 2011

Christian Zimmermann christian.zimmermann at uconn.edu
Thu Feb 3 21:52:43 CST 2011

The big news this month is that RePEc now indexes over one million items.
We RePEc started, it was not imaginable that so many works would be
listed. To see the evolution over the 13 years of RePEc, see the last blog
post.

Over this last month, 743,140 file downloads and 2,469,187 abstract views
were counted. Remarkably, while articles have been outnumbering working
papers for quite some time in the database, last month they also
outnumbered in terms of traffic for the first time. This shows how much
more popular working papers are. Also, we welcomed 6 new archives: Ural
Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences, Society for Promotion of Business
Information Technology, Zeitschrift für Nachwuchswissenschafler, European
University at St. Petersburg, INFORMS, and Cankaya University.

Finally, the monthly thresholds reached:
80000000 cumulative article abstract views
1500000 cumulative book chapter abstract views
1000000 listed works

Christian Zimmermann                                     FIGUGEGL!
Department of Economics
University of Connecticut
341 Mansfield Road, Unit 1063
Storrs, CT 06269-1063