[RePEc-announce] RePEc in April 2009

Christian Zimmermann christian.zimmermann at uconn.edu
Tue May 5 14:40:20 EDT 2009

The big news of the month is that the RePEc Author Service surpassed
20,000 registered authors. When this service started, it was difficult to
imagine that it would grow so big, and it continues to grow with about ten
new registrants a day.

RePEc also grows with the addition of new participating archives, the
following for last month: Monash University, Deakin University, Bank of
Lithuania, Universidad Nacional de Salta, Università della Calabria,
Rivista di Politica Economica, Institut d’Estudis Regionals i
Metropolitans de Barcelona, Italian Department of the Treasury, Economy
and Environment Program for Southeast Asia, Advances in Management. With
the addition of Lithuania, There are now RePEc archives in 67 countries.

Traffic on our websites was lighter than expected, but still impressive
numbers with 756,200 file downloads and 2,600,732 abstract views. This
brings us to the thresholds we passed last month:

400,000 listed abstracts
400,000 items listed in author profiles
120,000 papers with JEL codes
50,000 articles with extracted references
20,000 registered authors
5,000 listed chapters
3,000 listed books

Christian Zimmermann                                     FIGUGEGL!
Department of Economics
University of Connecticut
341 Mansfield Road, Unit 1063
Storrs, CT 06269-1063