[RePEc-announce] RePEc in December 2008 (and in 2008)

Christian Zimmermann christian.zimmermann at uconn.edu
Thu Jan 1 22:13:03 EST 2009

Some may validly argue that 2008 was not the best year, but the RePEc
project certainly cannot complain. Whichever statistics you look at, it
has been a stellar year: 10,000 bibliographic items were added every
month, including from 700 new series and journals and 126 new
participating archives, 3,500 authors joined, we recorded 31,000,000
abstract views and 8,000,000 document downloads and 4,000 NEP reports
announcing new working papers were sent. Such intense activity is going to
be difficult to beat in 2009.

In terms of new features, we added RSS feeds for the NEP reports,
introduced the RePEc Input Service to facilitate data entry in some cases,
and IDEAS moved to a new server sponsored by the Society for Economic
Dynamics.

Now for the monthly report about December 2009, we surpassed 400,000
listed journal articles, we witnessed 704,217 file downloads and 2,619,953
abstract views, and added content from the following 12 new archives:
Nordic Journal of Political Economy, Petru Maior University, Universidad
de Murcia, University of Applied Sciences Berlin, Journal of Economic
Education, Central Bank of Cyprus, University of Oradea, Savez ekonomista
Vojvodine, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Tulane University, Romanian
Academy of Economic Sciences, Ave Maria University.

In terms of thresholds, we passed the following over the last month:

100,000,000 cumulative abstract views of working papers
35,000,000 cumulative file downloads through RePEc services
30,000,000 cumulative abstract views on EconPapers
25,000,000 yearly abstract views on IDEAS
400,000 listed articles
275,000 listed working papers
200,000 cumulative chapter downloads
150,000 cumulative book downloads
11,000 institutions listed
2,400 working paper series

Christian Zimmermann                                     FIGUGEGL!
Department of Economics
University of Connecticut
341 Mansfield Road, Unit 1063
Storrs, CT 06269-1063